Come on out and root for Team Post 91 as they take on Strongsville VFW Post 3345 in softball.
Game starts at Noon on Sunday August 3rd at the Chandler Commons Development Baseball Field in Strongsville (located off Hunt Road between Drake and Boston Roads). Click Here for Google Map. Carpooling is encouraged as parking is limited.
Directions to Field (driving south into Strongsville via Pearl Road):
- Head South on Pearl Road
- Turn Left onto Drake Road
- Turn Right onto Hunt Road
- Enter Chandler Commons. Turn Right onto Panorama Parkway
- Turn Left onto Stony Point Drive
- Field is located at recreation complex on left (at the corner of Stony Point and Bennington Drives)
$1 Bloody Marys, $1.25 Beers, $1 Hot Dogs, etc. will be available for purchase. Proceeds to benefit Wags 4 Warriors.
This year’s outing is Saturday 8/9/14 with 9am Shotgun Start. The event takes place at Emerald Woods Golf Courses located at 12501 North Boone Road in Columbia Station.
Fees are $75 per Golfer and must be paid in full upon registration. Registration deadline is 8/2/14. Includes: 18 Holes of Golf with Cart, Early Bird Breakfast, Lunch (at the turn), steak dinner (after golf), Hole-In-One Contests, Beverages, Door Prizes, Cash Prizes for Winning Teams.
You can register by downloading this flyer or contacting Ron Fazekas at 440.487.3297, Mel Baher at 216.214.9314 or Post 91 at 440.234.0091.
Players golf in foursomes. You can register as a team or individual. All players are welcome.
Hole Sponsorship available $100 Please contact Mel Baher at 216.214.9314 or Post 91 at 440.234.0091.
Skins Game, Closest to the Pin and Long Drive Contests will be available. Players are required to check in 1 hour prior to tee time. Starting holes will be available at Post 91 (or at check-in). For more info please visit www.postbythelake.org/jcm.
The following students have been awarded $1,000 scholarship to continue their education
Albert E. Baesel – Dane Hritz/Eckerd College
Thomas Marks – Morgan Draves/Dayton University
Virginia Offenberg – Zachary Smith/The Ohio State University
James C. Masie – Zachary Dragony/Lorain Community College
Our Post offers 4 scholarships for local college bound students. To learn more about Scholarships, please call our Post at 440-234-0091 or click here to download the 2014 Application.
We offer the following scholarships:
- Albert E. Baesel (original $1000.00 scholarship)
- Thomas Marks (scholarship honoring first commander)
- Virginia Offenberg (nursing scholarship)
- James C. Masie (athletic scholarship)
This comes from BW Student Veteran, Elijah Haslage:
“I am writing with a new program for Ohio’s disabled veterans. I am starting a sled hockey team for all veterans, especially those with injuries that limit them from playing stand up hockey. If you haven’t seen sled hockey in action, here is a video covering an event from last year. http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=494021
I am looking for veterans and active duty service members from across the state; please pass this on to as many chapters and members as you want.
I am medically retired from the Army and served nearly seven years, including two deployments to Iraq with the 10th Mountain Division.
If anyone is interested in contacting me, please send along my email adress, phone number, or send them this Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/OhioGenerals
I look forward to hearing from you soon.”
SGT, Retired, USA
Subscribe To Newsletter
Welcome To Post 91
Post 91 Units
Post 91 News
- 1st Annual “Battle of the Posts” Charity Softball Game
- James C. Masie Memorial Golf Classic
- 2014 Scholarhip winners
- Post 91 Scholarship
- BW student veteran looking to start sled hockey team
- Founding Fathers Brewing Co. to sponsor party in Charlotte
- Legion Membership Workshop begins Friday
- Veterans and spouses invited to hiring fairs in August
- Watch how Shelby became home to Legion World Series
- National convention events to be streamed live